*Please check the Shop page for stock. Some size/colour combinations now sold out*
I'm pleased to say that the short-sleeved permutation of our highly popular Friday Polos are available again in the Permanent Style shop.
It's been a year since these were available last - and like last time, only 100 have been made, so they're likely to sell quickly.
The shirts are available in navy and light grey (again, like last time) and differ only from the regular Friday Polos in having short sleeves and a slightly shorter, squared-off bottom. This enables them to be worn pretty well either tucked in or tucked out.
Friday Polos have been a perennial favourite on Permanent Style since they were launched in 2015, and frequently sell out within a few weeks of launch.
The short-sleeve version has only been available once before, in July 2016. This year it has been produced earlier in the summer, in reaction to customer requests.
The shirt was created to work perfectly with tailoring, and therefore has a high, two-piece collar and a hand-attached sleeve. The short-sleeve version also has nice sartorial details like a simple turned-back finish to the sleeve - rather than the tight ribbing that other polos frequently use.
They are all made in Naples, in a workshop overseen by bespoke shirtmaker Luca Avitabile.
We did consider changing the Caccioppoli pique cotton to a more traditional, thinner version, but the samples lacked the body and feel of the Friday Polo we love so much.
I also tried last year's version on several hot days we've had in the UK so far this year, and didn't notice any significant difference from those samples.
- Two colours available: Navy and Light Grey (as pictured)
- Four sizes: Small, Medium, Large and Extra-large (see table below for dimensions)
- Price £150 (ex-VAT)
- Available solely through Permanent Style
- Buy from the shop page here
- Please state your size and colour preference in the 'Notes' section
- Postage is £9 in the UK, £12 in Europe and £16 anywhere else in the world
- Packages sent by FedEx from Naples (tracking number available on request)
- Returns and refunds available if the product is in a resellable condition, although we do not cover the cost of return postage
- Mid-weight Caccioppoli pique-cotton fabric
- Hand cut and partly hand sewn, all in an atelier in Naples that makes for several big designer brands
- Cutting and work overseen by Luca Avitabile, bespoke shirtmaker
- Mother of pearl buttons
- Stand collar, like a shirt, to help it sit under tailored jackets
- Slots in the collar for shirt-stays
- Squared off tail and front, but a touch longer than most polos
- Shirts will not shrink when washed, but should expand slightly in the waist. Do wash cool and line dry
- The shirts have a moderately slim fit
- I am wearing a medium and have a 38-inch chest
- If you are unsure about fit, we recommend comparing the measurements below to a polo shirt you currently own. They are in centimetres.
Chest Waist Yoke Body length
S 102 92 40 70
M 106 96 44 71.5
L 116 106 48 73.5
XL 124 114 50 75
Photography: Jamie Ferguson