‘Permanent Style Presents’ is a regular pop-up shop that appears in London twice a year.
Its aim is to give a space to craft brands that the PS team loves, but which don’t otherwise have any retail or outlet in London.
So the brands that are featured are either shops from outside the UK, or online brands that don't have their own shop. Brands share the costs of the shop with Permanent Style, and use their own staff to man and sell.
The pop-up shop has appeared four times so far, the last time being in March 2019. The next iteration is in September 2019.
As often happens with the shop, there will be two groups of brands in September, each group appearing for one week only.
This time, Japanese shop Bryceland's are also taking a third week on their own, running their own version of the pop-up with some of the brands and artisans they carry.
The groups therefore are:
Week 1: Tuesday September 10 – Saturday September 14
- Tusting bags, UK
- Blackhorse Lane denim, UK
- Stefano Bemer shoes, Florence
- Holland & Sherry vintage cloth, UK
Week 2: Tuesday September 17 – Saturday September 21
- Steve Calder 'Informale' clothing, Melbourne
- Lof & Tung shoes, Stockholm
- Chapal jackets, Paris
- Retrospecs eyewear, Los Angeles
Week 3: Tuesday September 24 – Saturday September 28
- Bryceland’s Co, Tokyo and Hong Kong, with:
- Wellema hats
- Solakzade glasses
- Red Rabbit jewellery
- Ascot Chang shirts
Alongside these brands, the organisers Simon Crompton (founder of Permanent Style) and James Girdwood also present their own brands and products for the whole two weeks:
- Permanent Style collaborations: All available to see on the shop site here
- J.Girdwood: Full site here
Other useful information:
- Opening hours are 11am to 7pm Tuesday to Friday, and 10am to 6pm on Saturday.
- Payment is by cash or card.
- Appointments are usually not necessary, but if unsure we recommend contacting the brands, in particular for discussions of a possible bespoke order.
There have been four previous pop-up shops, three held on Savile Row and one held in the Fortnum & Mason department store. They began in February 2017.
Brands featured have included Shibumi, Edward Sexton, Luca Faloni, Baudoin & Lange, Fox Brothers, The Rake, Drop 93 and The Armoury.
More coverage of them can be found on the Permanent Style site here.