Come to the Japanese Bespoke Symposium – in Tokyo
For all readers in Japan - or who happen to be travelling there next month - you are cordially invited to our first Symposium event in the country.
The talk will take place on Wednesday, May 22nd in the Quartz Gallery, Shibuya, and will discuss the rise of Japanese bespoke menswear.
We will debate why Japanese bespoke has grown so much in recent years, whether it is now the best in the world, and how it will develop its own, distinct style.
The speakers are:
- Yosuke Kagami, head of bespoke, Isetan
- Yasuto Kamoshita, creative director, United Arrows
- Kana Hirasawa, Men's Ex magazine
- Noriyuki Ueki, tailor, Sartoria Ciccio
- Yohei Fukuda, shoemaker
- Masanori Yamagami, shirtmaker, Strasburgo
An amazing list, and one I'm honoured to be chairing a discussion with.
There will be drinks before, and food and drink afterwards. Please RSVP to [email protected]