The next batch of our Friday Polos, designed by myself and Neapolitan shirtmaker Luca Avitabile, are now available to order and be sent out.
As we described in our first post on this collaboration, these long-sleeved polo shirts are cut long in the body (like a shirt) to make them ideal for wearing with tailoring.
They also have a classic, cutaway collar, a slightly slim fit, and are made of a beautiful mid-weight cotton piqué. The latter makes them ideal for wearing most of the year, under different weights of jacket.
As the shirts have been available for pre-order for the past few weeks, stock on many is already running low – despite the 100-piece production run. The current stock is:
White: all sizes available
Navy: sold out in S, L and XL, one left in M
Grey: sold out
Blue: all sizes available
Green: sold out
I particularly recommend the white and grey colours. Over the past few months I have found white to be particularly versatile, under either a navy or grey jacket, and grey to work well casually – avoiding any of the corporate or preppy associations of some other shirt colours.
Please note that we are only making the half-button style now, as per a classic polo shirt, as it was so much more popular than the full button-through.
Those that have already pre-ordered their polo shirts will receive an email from me giving them payment details. All others wishing to make an order should email me at [email protected]. Each polo costs £145, and postage is £8 in Europe, £14 elsewhere in the world.
You can see the five colours below: white, navy, grey, blue and racing green. The mother-of-pearl buttons look particularly nice against the white.
I wear a medium, and have a 38-inch chest and 15-inch neck. The measurements for all the sizes are (in centimetres):
Chest Waist Yoke Sleeve Body
- Payment is through the Permanent Style site on credit card
- Shipping is £8 in Europe and £14 elsewhere, with a small additional charge for each polo shirt after the first
- I’m happy to accept returns, but can’t pay return postage
- Any other questions please let me know
And on the product itself:
- My key aim was a polo that worked well under tailoring
- They are designed to be tucked in and so cut long, with tails like a shirt. This way they do not come out of the trousers and have a cleaner finish through the waist
- They are pre-washed, so should not shrink. Do please wash on cool and line dry, however
- They are made with a collar stand, in order to stand up and roll around a jacket collar, but also have rubber collarbones in case you want the collar to not roll and remain stiff
- The material, from Caccioppoli, is one of the most important aspects. Previously I have had bespoke ones in both winter and summer weights, and neither have been quite right. The summer ones lack body and can be too transparent; the winter ones are too heavy to wear in the summer. This fabric is not only a beautiful quality, but is a mid-weight that (in England) could be worn three seasons of the year. On its own in summer, or in Spring or Autumn with a shawl-collar sweater over the top