*Stock is now very limited. For the current position please check the Shop page*
I’m pleased to say that the next batch of our Friday Polos – handmade in Naples and designed by us here in London – is now ready.
Thank you to everyone that pre-ordered. We have doubled production again this time, so it’s unlikely we’ll sell out in a couple of weeks, but certain sizes and colours will go, so worth getting in early.
You can now buy through Permanent Style, on our purchase page here. Just select how many polos you want, and state in the Notes what size and colours.
As background, these polo shirts were a project I started last year with Neapolitan bespoke shirtmaker Luca Avitabile, who has been making my shirts for a few years now.
The idea was the use the best materials (a soft Caccioppoli fabric) and as much as possible make them in the same way as Luca’s bespoke shirts. So everything is hand cut, and there are five points of handwork: hand-inserted sleeves, buttonholes, buttons, gussets, and ends of the cuff placket.
We also sell them at below the normal retail price. We’ve added in a couple of extra production points this time, increasing the price slightly to £155, but with a standard retail mark-up these would normally be around £220.
I’ll revisit these points in detail over the next few weeks, but this is an introductory post to announce the stock availability, and give everyone the details they need to order.
I will also write more later about the photoshoot we did this time, which was fantastic fun.
Featured here are the chiselled looks and razor-sharp style of photographer and artist Adam Rogers, and cutter and tailor Michael Browne of Chittleborough & Morgan. Plus me.
I think we all show the key strengths of the colours. Adam’s white polo is very summery, particularly with his green linen. Michael shows how sharp and smart the navy can be. While I demonstrate why we like this precise shade of green – for how well it goes with navy.
The grey colour, for which you can see detail shots here, is also great under a navy jacket – in much the same way as my favourite grey shirt (see it worn at that link…)
If you’d like to see more photos on the fit and style of the Friday Polo, have a look at my first post here. You can see the navy there, worn with my double-breasted hopsack jacket from Elia Caliendo.
The Friday Polo
- Four colours available: Navy, Green, White and Grey
- Four sizes: Small, Medium, Large and Extra-large (see table below for dimensions)
- Available solely through Permanent Style, purchase page here
- Shipping by FedEx, from Naples
- Buy from the shop page here
- Mid-weight Caccioppoli pique-cotton fabric, good for three months of the year (in England!)
- Hand cut and party hand sewn, all in an atelier in Naples that makes for several big designer brands
- Cutting and work overseen by Luca Avitabile, bespoke shirtmaker
- Mother of pearl buttons
- Stand collar, like a shirt, to help it sit under tailored jackets
- Slots in the collar for shirt-stays
- Half buttoning (previous button-through style no longer available)
- Long tail and front, like a shirt, as the polo is designed to be worn tucked in
- The shirts will not shrink when washed, but should expand slightly in the waist. Do wash cool and line dry
- The shirts have a moderately slim fit
- In the images we are all wearing mediums
- If you are unsure about fit, we recommend comparing the measurements below to a polo shirt you currently own. They are in centimetres.
Chest Waist Yoke Sleeve Body
S 102 92 40 61 75
M 106 96 44 65 76
L 116 106 47 69 81
XL 124 114 48 69 81
- Postage is £9 in the UK, £11 in Europe and £14 anywhere else in the world
- Packages sent by FedEx from Naples (tracking number available on request)
- Returns and refunds available if the product is in a resellable condition, although we do not cover the cost of return postage
Photos: Jamie Ferguson @jkf_man