Update on the launch of 'The Style Guide':
- The Style Guide, the new book by myself and photographer Jamie Ferguson, will launch next Thursday at Fenwick of Bond Street, from 6:30pm.
- If you would like to come, please RSVP to [email protected]
- There will also be a US launch event at The Armoury, in New York.
- Thursday April 20th. Details to follow.
- And it looks like we will feature in the bi-annual Crafted event at Bergdorf Goodman in New York.
- Saturday, April 22nd. Come and say hello any time for that
- The book will be sent out next week to a further 32 stockists around the world next week
- Available to buy from them from April 13th. Full list to come
- It will be available for readers to buy online that week also
- Purchasing will be through the Permanent Style shop
Today, we present an extract from the first section of the book, which looks at the style and practicalities around wearing sports jackets.
- A symphony of blues and texture here.
- Note that although the jacket, shirt and tie are all of a similarly casual texture, they remain effectively separated from each other by differences in shade and pattern.
- The soft, textured look fits with the bearded and tousled styling.
Spot the check
- Cream trousers are something of a theme in the jackets section of the book, because they’re just so useful.
- Here, simple colours and a neat cut create a chic outfit, elevated by a broad grin and plunging neckline.
- Note in particular the subtle check on the brown jacket and the trouser detail on the waistband, which is given special prominence by being the only dandy detail on display.
- A lesson in the anchoring power of a deep navy tie.
- There is pattern aplenty in the jacket (albeit subtle) and a thick stripe in the shirt, plus bright cream trouser. But the navy tie brings it all down to earth, giving the eye something calm and stable to rest on.
The Style Guide is divided into four clothing sections: Jackets, Suits, Accessories and Casual. More extracts to come from other sections in the next few weeks.
Photography: Jamie Ferguson @jkf_man